2013 marks the 68th season of Lake Concerts on Sundays in the on Caspian Lake. Recently I remarked that I had been up to the concert in my canoe the night before and how lovely it had
been. One of the other woman remarked that she would love to go, but didn’t really know where the concert was or how to get there. SOOOO, for all of you who might want to experience this wonderful Greensboro tradition for the first time, here are some pointers.
- Concerts occur Sundays in July and August – 8pm start in July, and 7:30pm start in August.
- The program for the concert is usually found on the front door of Willey’s Store the prior week.
- The concerts occur at the Landon Lake House, which is located at 163 Pleasants Street on the south end of the lake.
- Concert goers are welcome by non-power boat via lake, or by car to sit on the iconic veranda of this large and wonderful cottage. If you come by boat, do bring a light to use on your way back to your dock.
- Everyone using the lake during the concerts is encouraged to be quiet during the concerts.