Many of you completed a survey last year for the Greensboro Planning Commission to provide input on the Commission’s ongoing work redrafting our Town Plan. The intent of the new Town Plan is to guide and support change in our community over the next eight years. The results of the survey helped the Commission craft a vision for Greensboro. The vision, which will be the basis for preparing the Town Plan, is shared below.
Greensboro residents aspire to see a future for the community where:
- The Town’s rural character is viewed as a significant benefit that should be protected.
- As a community, there is a strong sense that conservation of our natural resources should be a high priority.
- Greensboro continues to attract and enjoy vibrant and unique small businesses that sustain tourism, support our economy, and are gathering places for local residents.
- Greensboro is attractive for both retired families as well as new families raising young children.
- Greensboro, a small New England town, is the home of many cultural opportunities typical of larger towns.
- The community offers a multitude of recreational activities for young and old.
- The community strongly supports lifelong education, with the important benefits it provides to the community.
The Commission would welcome your input and comments on these questions:
Is the vision consistent with your expectations for the future of Greensboro?
Second, the Town Plan must include specific actions that will move the community towards this vision. What actions would you like to see that will support the vision?
Your thoughts are appreciated and welcomed!
Finally, the Commission still needs members. You do not need to be a registered voter in Greensboro to serve on the Planning Commission. If you would like to play a role in defining the future of our community, please let us know!
Please email your responses to Dan Predpall, Chair of the Greensboro Planning Commission at email@example.com .