2015 marks the 70th season of Lake Concerts on Sundays on Caspian Lake. Lisa and John Hewett and their family have been in charge of these concerts for many decades – we all thank them for the tremendous effort and for such lovely evenings on the Lake.
For all who are new to the area who might want to experience this wonderful Greensboro tradition for the first time, here are some pointers.
- Concerts occur Sundays in July and August – 8pm start in July, and 7:30pm start in August.
- The program for the concert is usually found on the front door of Willey’s Store the prior week.
- The concerts occur at the Landon Lake House, which is located at 163 Pleasants Street on the south end of the lake.
- Concert goers are welcome by non-power boat via lake, or by car to sit on the iconic veranda of this large and wonderful cottage. If you come by boat, do bring a light to use on your way back to your dock.
- Everyone using the lake during the concerts is encouraged to be quiet during the concerts.
We need volunteers to help with this program over the long term. Can you help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can spare one evening in the summer. You can also visit this link to sign up!